JAKARTA, DEPOST- Egg crust or Kerak Telor is one of the traditional snacks originating from the Betawi area. This one food has a dry texture with a sprinkling of coconut serundeng and fried onions.
Egg Crust Recipe
Recipes and how to make a typical home-made Betawi egg crust that is super tasty, crunchy, and delicious.
- 50 grams of white glutinous rice that has been soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ebi
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes to mix
- A pinch of salt
- 1 duck egg (can use chicken egg)
- Fried onions to taste for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes for sprinkling
How to make:
- Prepare all the ingredients needed to make a typical Betawi egg crust.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat then add the soaked glutinous rice and pour in the water. wait until the water boils.
- After boiling, add the ebi, coconut serundeng, salt, and duck egg.
- Stir well so that all ingredients are mixed.
- Flatten the dough on the surface of the pan and cover briefly until the dough is slightly dry.
- After that, turn the pan so that the mixture is facing the stove fire directly. Cook the egg crust dough on low heat so it doesn't burn.
- Don't forget to go back and forth in the pan to see if the egg crust is dry and cooked or not.
- If the dough turns brown and dry, it means the egg crust is cooked.
- Remove the egg crust and arrange on a serving plate.
- Finally, sprinkle with fried onions and shredded coconut to taste.
- Egg crust is ready to be served.
As the name implies, kerak telor is glutinous rice that is cooked until dry like a crust with a mixture of eggs, serundeng, ebi, and salt. For the steps, you can follow the recipe above. Good luck! -23